||Assistant Kitchen Manager
||The Assistant Kitchen Manager is a non-exempt position and contributes the preparation of all food items. The Heart of the House (HOH) operations ensure a positive guest experience and as well as ensuring company profitability. The HOH staff member is responsible for ensuring that kitchen operations maintain the highest standards of food quality, recipe adherence and to ensure that cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards are being met by directing and supervising heart of the house member
||1. Develops hourly staff in all HOH systems, procedures and ensures adherence to all company standards and recipes
2. Orders, receives, stores, prepares and serves all product to E-Bar specifications
3. Maintains and inspects food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
4. Maintains all HOH cleanliness standards.
5. Assists with calculating food cost
6. Maximizing profitability in all cost categories while maintaining guest value
7. Ensures all HOH systems are in place i.e. Line Check Logs, Control Forms, Production Sheets
8. Ensures that labor scheduling and productivity are maintained effectively
9. Assists the KM with unit level menu roll outs
10. Ensures the standards and policies are maintained
11. Ensures recipe adherence
12. Achieves Food Cost and HOH labor costs by ensuring all procedures are followed
13. Monitors quality of menu items
14. Ensures the production of high quality foods on a consistent basis
15. Directs kitchen activities and performance of HOH members on a shift-by-shift basis
16. Ensures positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring timely delivery of food product
17. Follows standardized recipes, preparation, and portioning and presentation procedures
18. Maintains organized and clean kitchen, dish, and storage areas
19. Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts, and other services.
20. Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and that kitchen expenditures stay within budget limitations.
Responsible for the financial results of the kitchen operations
21. Maintains and controls kitchen assets (equipment and supplies)
22. Monitors restaurant’s on-hand inventory for waste and theft
23. Creates positive relationships with product vendors and service providers. Follows through on all work done by service providers. Ensures proper receipt of goods and accurate invoicing
24. Conducts daily line checks to ensure product standards and specifications
25. Drives positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business trends
26. Controls operating costs by instituting awareness through the kitchen
27. Conduct inventories and calculate food costs. Use computer to facilitate collection and analysis of information. Responds to discrepancies from budgeted costs
Managers must be available to work a variety of opens, swings and closes. Closing shifts may require the manager to stay as late as 3:00a.m. in some locations. Position requires extensive interaction with the public and all levels of employees both within and outside of the organization.